Since the early days of the revolution, siege tactics have been used by the Assad regime to suppress rebellion.
Emboldened by UN collusion/ complicity & world inaction, ‘starvation until submission’ campaigns have become the norm with over a million Syrians in dozens of communities around the country facing the brutal tactic.
Below is a Twitter summary of the latest Siege Watch report – essential reading to understand the scale and brutality of sieges in Syria.
Links to human rights reports on sieges can also be found at bottom of this page.
For additional reports on Assad’s sieges:
- Siege Watch Quarterly Report. Sep 2016
- Childhood under Siege. Save the Children UK. Mar 2016
- Madaya: Life under Siege. Amnesty. Jan 2016
- Madaya: Starvation under Siege. SAMS. Jan 2016
- Left to Die Under Siege: East Ghouta. Amnesty. Aug 2015
- Slow Death: Life & Death in Syrian Communities under Siege. SAMS. Mar 2015
- Sieges around Syria. Amnesty. Jun 2014
- Squeezing the life out of Yarmouk. Amnesty. Mar 2014
- Moadamiya: Hunger strike under siege. Nov 2013
- Siege of Homs. Wikipedia. May 2011 – May 2014
One thought on “Siege in Syria”
Reblogged this on YALLA SOURIYA.