This is a desperate action taken due to a presidents failed ME policy which has enabled dictators and extremists to thrive resulting in the slaughter of thousands.
No doubt, ISIS is getting too close for comfort to USs closest allies and interests in the area (Kurds, oil fields etc) & these actions will deflect them towards Syria where the US won’t hit.
The plight of desperate minorities (Yazidis) is neat cover for this. One thing we can all be assured of is US policy in the area has absolutely nothing humanitarian about it.
This is not about stopping ISIS, rather drawing a new “red line”, containing ISIS and deflecting them from what the US holds dear.
Prayers tonight for ALL people suffering under ISIS, regardless of their religious sect or ethnic background.
Some additional reading that elaborates further on the fiasco that is US policy in Iraq & Syria from the weekend:
- The US bombing its own guns perfectly sums up America’s total failure in Iraq.
- Islamic State Thrives From Its Syrian Base. Group Stockpiles Weapons as U.S. Hits Militants With Airstrikes in Iraq, Refrains From Attacking Next Door.
- Why is Obama bombing Iraq, Really? On the US-Iraqi politics behind the strikes, along with concerns of US consulate being overrun – avoiding another Benghazi.
- Isis, the jihadists who turned the tables – Isis has made a remarkable, and deadly, comeback a year after it looked all but finished in Syria and Iraq.
- Lawmakers voice support for Iraq strikes.