Samir Shishakli interviewed by Aymen Abdel-Nour on The Road to Damascus.
For a healthy dose of wisdom, perspective and insight watch this excellent interview. In the 54 minutes they cover a slew of key topics:
- Patriotism, the role of external opposition – solidarity & service, not positions
- Strategic interests of the US, Russians, Iran & Israel
- Impotence of the UN, International bodies
- Minorities, sectarianism & the how diversity makes Syria whole
- Rethinking Syria’s history beyond Ba’ath narratives.
The interview is in Arabic. To read more about Samir Shishakli, in both Arabic/ English, read his blog.